As a school, our aim and philosophy, is to provide every young person, whatever nationality, whatever their background or circumstance, to have the support they need to:
- Be Healthy
- Stay Safe
- Enjoy and Achieve in their chosen field
- Make a positive contribution
- Nurture the love and passion for dance in all students.
International Students interested in pursuing a career in professional dance, have the opportunity to audition and enrol in the Full-Time Course of the privately owned and operated En Pointe Dance Centre, Queensland Australia.
International students enrolled in the course, receive approximately 30 classes per week comprising of core classes such as:
- Classical Ballet (RAD),
- Open Classical Ballet Classes,
- Musical Theatre and Vocal Training
- Choreographic Opportunities
- Private coaching for Competitions
Fitness Studies and classes include:
- Fit Ball Ballet Class,
- Flexi-Stretcher Class,
- Body Balance (Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi)
- Deep Water pool fitness,
- Cardio training,
- Strength and Stretch,
- Diet and Nutrition,
- Dance History
- Anatomy and Health Coaching.
International full-time students wishing to continue their academic studies, are supported through Distance Education providers, either International or in Australia of their choice.
English Lessons are provided on campus, for those wishing to study whilst training.
Every International Student will have the opportunity to experience a “Homestay” with an Australian family, immersing themselves in the Australian Lifestyle and culture whilst training. Evenings and weekends will allow students to see what our wonderful country has to offer and truly ‘live the life downunder’. It is important that students feel comfortable and secure in their living accommodation. Great take is taken to ensure students have suitable lodgings recommended by the school.
Pastoral Care and Student Support System:
En Pointe works together with the following specialists to ensure their students are extremely well looked after and provided for:
- Students can access the following Health and Well-Being Services:
- Medical – examine, diagnose and treat
- Physiotherapy/Massage – examine, diagnose and treat, remedial massage
- Nutrition – advice, guidance, menu plans
- Health Coaches/Counsellors – coping strategies, goal setting, personal issues.
Injury Prevention and Recovery
The School places much importance on educating students in an understanding of the body and movement and how to work with their bodies in order to prevent injuries. The Student Support team has designed an Injury Prevention Programme to help students work with their body and recognize any areas that might need extra attention. Students who may have an injury will enter a Recovery from Injury Programme, in which the student will work with members of the Student Support team. This means that they will have a diagnosis and treatment session with a physiotherapist, who will then refer you to the Body Conditioning tutor or Floor Barre specialist to ensure you recover as quickly as possible, and prevent recurrences of injuries too.
Performance Opportunities and Competitions:
All full-time students are provided with many opportunities to perform throughout the year, both at local, state, national and international level.
Students may enter Competitions for Scholarships and Bursaries towards further training.
Students may travel overseas each year to take part in Dance training and Tourism Courses conducted by Dance Tours International.
Graduates of the full-time course have the opportunity to audition for select schools across Australia or join an overseas tour of schools and companies organised by and in conjunction with Dance Tours International.
All International students receive a Certificate of Completion detailing all genres and subjects that have been studied and passed during each year and have the opportunity to attend the Graduation Dinner.
Students have the opportunity to enter Royal Academy of Dance Vocational Examinations.
Past Students have secured contracts with:
- The Australian Ballet Company,
- The Queensland Ballet Company,
- The Royal New Zealand Ballet,
- Hamburg Ballet Company,
- Cruise ship lines and Musical Theatre Productions here and overseas.
- Past students have appeared in Australian productions of “Phantom of the Opera”, “West Side Story”, “Cats”, (Australia and Paris) “The King and I”, “The Lion King” , and cast of The Wiggles, and Hi 5.
Students have gained placements at:
- The Australian Ballet School (Full-time and Interstate Programs), (5 students for 2016)
- The English National Ballet School (London),
- The Hamburg Ballet School (Germany),
- The Dutch National Ballet Academy (Holland),
- The West Australian Performing Arts Academy (WAPA),
- QUT (Dance), Queensland Dance School of Excellence,
- The Victorian College of the Arts School,
- The Queensland Ballet Junior Program,
- ED 5
- Brent Street.
Students have won various RAD Scholarships and Bursary’s throughout Australia.
After further studies and working professionally in the industry, past Graduates are also employed on staff at the school, passing on their knowledge in the studios.
- Entry by audition only. Private auditions can be arranged throughout the year. DVD auditions are acceptable. Please email for DVD requirements and audition forms.
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Minimum RAD Intermediate Foundation or Equivalent
- Current Medical Certificate and Medical History
Please email the Director for Course and Homestay Fees
Guest Teachers have included: